Home décor is no longer limited to impressing guests with a stylish living room. The concept now extends to other areas like the bedroom, bathroom, balcony, and most importantly, the kitchen.
Given that kitchen space is usually limited in apartments, or the layout follows an open kitchen concept, it becomes imperative to manage the space efficiently. And this means finding the space to tuck away the used towels, store all the staples, and keep the utensils out of sight so the kitchen looks prim and proper all day.
Wondering how to make all this happen? Worry not, we are here to help you with small kitchen storage ideas on a budget to make the most of your available kitchen space.
Small Tips for Big Space
Here are a few clever storage ideas for small kitchens you can follow to make your kitchen roomier and look organized. Always!
Invest in stackable containers:
Using containers not only organizes your groceries but also keeps the cupboards and drawers looking clean as seen in small kitchen storage ideas ikea. Another reason stackable containers are a great pick - Because they make efficient use of dead space in cabinets.
Pro tip- Buy a transparent container set so that each item is clearly visible.
Baskets are a good idea:
When the drawer space runs out, you need space to store small quantities of snacks and staples. This is where baskets can help by offering a confined space to hold them all together neatly.
Pro tip – Make storage look 10x cuter by purchasing colourful metal baskets or those crafted with sustainable material like our cotton cappuccino basket.
Get creative with shelves:
If your kitchen lacks cabinets, then bring in your own kitchen cupboard storage ideas! You can place bookshelves or racks against the wall to make use of empty spaces and off-shaped corners.
Pro tip – Hang a plastic stand on the wall to save floor space!
Shelf Organisers are the answer:
Let’s face it, there’s never enough space in kitchen cabinets. So, the stuff always ends up littering the kitchen countertop. The trick is not to hide these essentials but to display them in a neat manner. And shelf organizers are apt for small kitchen storage ideas on a budget. Layered baskets for fruits, cutlery holders, etc., are central to a pretty-looking kitchen!
Pro tip – Trays with raised edges are an economical way to organize kitchen jars and oil bottles on the shelf as well as for kitchen cabinet organization.
Use every nook and cranny:
“Seek space and you shall find it!” – Vaaree. Give your kitchen another glance and you will find several spaces that can be used for storage. The walls can be fitted with rods or hooks to hang things. The space between the refrigerator and the wall can offer space for a sleek rack. Magnetic strips can be pasted above the sinks to hand spoons and ladles. And much more!
Pro tip – Hooks are the answer to every space woe. Use this creative kitchen storage tool to hang a macrame basket.
What do you think of our clever kitchen storage ideas? They are easy to implement and can be easily executed in your own house or rented accommodation to make more space in the kitchen. You will find plenty of kitchen cabinet organization tools and other related stuff at Vaaree that will transform the way you manage space in your kitchen. So, shop with us and say no to messy kitchens!
FAQs On Kitchen Cabinet Organization
How can I maximize the storage space in my kitchen cabinets?
Here are a few ways you can maximize the storage space in your kitchen cabinets:
- Organize your cabinets with stands, holders, container sets, etc.
- Make use of corner cabinets.
- Have adjustable shelves.
- Make use of horizontal, vertical, floor and wall space i.e., put a tiered basket trolley for essentials like potato and onions on the floor, put shelves on the refrigerator side, etc.
How can I organize my kitchen cabinets?
You can organize your kitchen cabinets in the following ways:
- Space saver + neat view = Stackable anything. Think containers, glasses, cookware, etc.
- For items that cannot be stacked, set them on organization stands or in storage baskets.
- Add hooks to cabinet doors to hang ladles, cloth, etc.
- Use the bottom of your cabinets by attaching shelves or baskets.
How can I make the most of small kitchen cabinets?
Making the most of small kitchen cabinets is a task easier said than done. Here are a few tips that will help you nail it:
- Make use of the entire wall space.
- Don’t forget to put cabinet doors to use.
- Customize your cabinet sizes as per preference and keep the racks adjustable.
What are some creative ideas for maximizing kitchen cabinet space?
Below listed are some creative ideas for maximizing kitchen cabinet space:
- Dual partition your drawers so that there is no dead space. Basically, have a drawer in a drawer.
- Have adjustable racks for dishes, pots and pans.
- Opt for stackable containers, cookware, glasses, tea sets etc. If something is not stackable, get cabinet organizers to make use of the entire space.
- Don’t forget to use the doors of cabinets to hang your rough cloth, ladles, etc.
Where can I find kitchen cabinet storage solutions?