Shop Cutlery & Salad Spoons in India at the Best Prices – Vaaree
A great dining experience is as much reliant on the taste of the food as on the cutlery and tableware accompanying it. A good dinner set and exquisite cutlery enhance the visual appearance of the table while leaving a stylish impression on the diner.
Since it is an integral part of eating food, it makes sense to buy cutlery that is durable, trendy, and beautiful. And all this is exactly what Vaaree promises along with prices that will appeal to your pocket!
Choosing the Right Cutlery for Your Dining Table
Before deciding what and how to buy, we must first understand what is cutlery? The assortment of knives, forks, and spoons that we use on the dinner table constitutes cutlery. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you buy cutlery:
The essential pieces, i.e., forks, knives, and tablespoons are a must-have for all types of junctures – casual, informal, and formal. For occasions where you intend to serve elaborate meals, you might need different sizes and types of the above. For example, dessert spoons that are smaller in size, salad forks for ease of eating salads, etc.
The material of cutlery also counts. Stainless steel is durable and perfect for everyday use. For special gatherings, you can buy stainless steel with gold or silver-coloured plating that makes them look more attractive. Similarly, for serving salads or dry items, wooden salad spoons will look more sophisticated.
- Cutlery Comes In All Shapes & Sizes:
Pay attention to the weight and shape of the type of cutlery you purchase. Uniquely shaped cutlery might be pleasing to the eye but could cause inconvenience in eating. Similarly, ensure that the kid’s cutlery is lightweight so they can handle it with ease. In addition, the shape of the knife and fork blades must be smooth and mildly sharp in order to be able to cut the food. Additionally, if you are a leftie, you might want to pick cutlery that is not curved to one side.
Choose cutlery that complements your existing dinnerware. Polished stainless steel cutlery is a timeless classic while the colourful ones can add a contemporary touch to your tablescape.
Why Salad Spoons are Essential for Your Kitchen
Salad spoons and forks are often an overlooked essential. Designed to help toss and serve salads, this type of cutlery is definitely worth a buy.
The benefit of using salad spoons is that they make it more convenient to toss the salad and mix the ingredients efficiently. The same can be used to serve salad portions to guests without spilling on the table and creating a mess.
If you are fond of making and serving salads, then having a salad spoon and fork is sure to make life easier. There are plenty of options to choose from at Vaaree along with salad mixing bowls. Together, they will accentuate the taste of the salads you prepare with their functionality and elegance.
Care & Maintenance of Cutlery
Once you have scored a fabulous cutlery deal at Vaaree, the next step is care and maintenance. Follow the below guidelines to keep your cutlery clean and sparkling for long:
- Never keep cutlery soaked in water for very long. You can occasionally soak wooden cutlery in warm water for a few hours.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners and always dry cutlery with a soft cloth.
- Use white vinegar while washing special tableware to retain their lustre.
- To remove greasy streaks from cutlery, dab some olive oil on a cloth and wipe gently.
Keep these in mind and your cutlery will stay younger for longer! Remember to always buy at Vaaree for the best cutlery set price and thorough quality-checked cutlery items.
You get exactly what you see! Our other popular collections include Dining Decor Collections, Garden Decor Collections, Bathroom Decor Collections, Home Decor Collections, Kitchen Decor Collections, Living Room Decor Collections, & Bedroom Decor Collections... the list goes on. Explore more now on vaaree.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is cutlery?
Cutlery can be defined as any hand implement used in preparing, serving, cutting or eating food. A few examples of cutlery are spoons, butter knives, forks, etc.
What are the different types of cutlery?
A few different types of cutlery are listed below:
- Dinner Spoon
- Dinner Fork
- Dinner Knife
- Butter Knife
- Dessert Spoon
- Dessert Knife
- Dessert Fork
- Soup Spoon
- Tea Spoon
- Coffee Spoon
- Sugar Spoon
- Serving Spoon
- Salad Spoon
- Salad Fork
- Ice Cream Spoon
- Fish Knife
- Fruit Knife
- Rice Server
- Curry Server
No matter what your tablescape needs, you can find the best cutlery sets online on Vaaree. That too, at the lowest prices!
How should I properly set a table with cutlery?
Below stated are a few tips that will help you properly set a table with cutlery like a pro:
- First, clearly determine if the table setup is casual, informal, or formal. Depending on the juncture, choose placemats, cutlery, and crockery.
- As a thumb rule, dinner plates will always be in the center of your table setting. To its top left will be a quarter or side plate topped with a butter knife.
- Cutlery will always be on the right side of the dinner plate organized in the order of use from right to left. For instance, if you are serving, soup and an appetizer, the soup spoon will be on the extreme right of the dinner plate. While the knife will be adjacent with its blade facing the plate.
- Fork will always be on the left side of the dinner plate.
- Table napkins can be on the charger plate, next to the forks or beneath the forks.
- Glassware (water glasses or barware) is arranged towards the top right of the dinner plate or directly on top of the knives.
- Dessert spoons and forks can be placed above the dinner plate ensuring there is enough distance between the table runner/salt and pepper shakers.
What are the different materials used to make cutlery?
The different materials used to make cutlery are:
- Stainless steel cutlery
- Wooden cutlery
- Silver cutlery
- Plastic cutlery
- Resin cutlery
How do I choose the right cutlery for my dining table?
Spoons, forks, and knives are cutlery essentials. No matter what your dining table setting is, you will need these three items. Depending on what you are going to serve/eat, you can pick shape and length variations of these fundamental pieces – think soup spoon, dessert spoon, fish knife, etc.
What are salad spoons used for?
Salad spoons are used to mix and serve salads efficiently without ruining leafy delicates.
How do I use salad spoons to serve and toss salads?
If you are a pro at serving salads, you can position a salad spoon and fork between your thumb and middle finger to serve. For mixing, hold the spoon and fork in different hands and gently toss using the folding technique.
What are the benefits of using wooden salad spoons?
The material of salad spoons determines how well the dressing will mix with the salad along with how efficiently it will be served. Here are 3 key benefits of using wooden salad spoons:
- As wooden spoons have sturdy handle, tossing both wet and dry salads become effortless.
- Wooden salad spoons are extremely lightweight. This means you can toss the salads without the fear of tearing apart delicate veggies like lettuce.
- Lastly, wooden salad spoons won’t leave scratches on the salad bowl.
How do I clean and maintain my cutlery and salad spoons?
The way to clean and maintain your cutlery and salad spoons depends on their material. For instance, stainless steel cutlery can be washed like any other utensil in your home. However, in addition to the normal washing, wooden cutlery and salad spoons must be occasionally soaked in warm water to remove oils and liquid they might have absorbed.